The following tips are just a few ways to shed pounds within a few weeks. However, following these tips alone is not enough to maintain a healthy lifestyle. In addition to these tips, you must exercise regularly. Consistent healthy eating, decreased daily calorie intake, and daily exercise will certainly help you to lose body fat, decrease your overall body weight, and firm up your muscles. When exercising, be sure to incorporate all components of physical fitness into your workout. Not only will these components of physical fitness help you to lose weight, they will help you to get through your daily activities without being exhausted at the end of the day.
- Portion Control – Try eating 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day. This may help to keep your metabolism higher. Three large meals in a day can be higher in calories and can be more difficult for your body to burn these calories up.
- Do not starve yourself – Your body can actually hold on to fat and go into “starvation mode”.
- Eat food slowly – This can have the effect of making you feel satisfied sooner, helping to consume less food and fewer calories.
- Reduce your intake of refined sugar and refined flour products – Substitute these with whole grain and multi-grain products.
- Limit use of sauces, dressings, and creams – Always ask for it “on the side”.
- Do not go grocery shopping when hungry – People tend to buy junkie snacks and unhealthy foods when they are wanting to eat.
- Avoid eating fried foods – Instead of frying foods when cooking, try to bake, broil, or grill.
- Try to cook without adding butter, margarine, or oils – These can add a lot of unwanted calories.
- Always start the day with a healthy breakfast that includes complex carbohydrates and lean protein – Breakfast will boost your metabolism and keep your energy high and hunger low throughout the day.
- If trying to loose weight/body fat, try reducing your caloric intake by 500 kcal per day – 3,500 kcal equals one pound of fat. So if you cut out 500 kcal every day for 7 days, you can loose one pound in one week.
- Keeping a food diary can help to reduce your weight – Keeping track of calorie consumption has been proven to be effective in weight reduction and loss of body fat.
- Have a support group – Talk to close friends and family about your plans for losing weight. They will be there for you!
- Water is best – Avoid soft drinks and juice. These are high in calories and sugar. Your body is approximately 80% water. Drink up.
- Alcohol contains a lot of empty calories and interferes with proper physiological functions of the body. Drink alcohol in moderation or preferably cut it out until you reach your goal.
- A positive lifestyle change rather than a crash diet is most successful in losing weight. Exercise, healthy eating, and motivation will help you reach your goals.
Hazel Adams says
I agree that you should reduce your intake of refined sugar and refined flour products. I am working on eating more healthy fats so I have less sugar and flour. Whole wheat is a great way to lose weight.
Wesley Virgin says
Wonderful article, thanks for sharing so many useful tips, looking forward to more unique content
Judy Wilson says
I’ve been trying to lose a few pounds before my high school reunion, I’m interested in advice that will help me lose the weight. Having a support group seems like a good idea. That will help keep me accountable of the foods that I eat throughout the day so that I’m not eating any junk food. I’ve been drinking a lot of soda lately, so maybe your tip to switch to water will help speed up my weight loss. Thanks for the tips!
Great tips ! I think losing weight is the most difficult task in the world because i have personally never could start to exercise . In my opinion Walking in every opportunity to exercise is the best way .
I recommend to buy cheap Cialis pills from Cial online drugstore because it has less side effects but is very effective and works very fast among all drugs for erectile dysfunction. I think everyone has the right to buy it and experience its effect personally.
I know that my biggest weakness when it comes to my losing weight is my eating fried foods. Honestly, I love fried chicken and probably eat it a couple times a month as well as other fried foots in between that time. Maybe I will start getting out of the habit of eating this type of food by only allowing myself to eat fried food on Fridays.
Jane Thomas says
Thanks for the tips Jeff. But you didn’t say anything about discipline. Without it all the tips in the world wont work. You really need to work on your self control.
Awesome article about diet and weight loss. Thanks for sharing.